A definition of the ultimate hobby is doing something that you have an interest or a love, even a passion that, if possible, you would want to do all day long. It becomes an addiction because your fun hobby returns pleasure, self-fulfillment, and other positive rewards.
Believe it or not, you will recognize that your hobbies and interests define who you are or are an extension of yourself.
As you experiment with different hobbies and interests other attention-grabbing lifestyles will open. The change in lifestyles brings many interesting and exciting chapters into your book of life.
Many of us philosophically wonder why we exist. What is our purpose in life? Many books have been written on this subject, but I would like to take one hobby and use it as an example.
The following principles will be applicable for all common and popular hobbies as well as extreme hobbies with just a few minor adjustments.
- Introduction – The first exposure to something new or unknown in your current time frame.
- Get acquainted – Getting familiar with the “new”.
- Make a decision – If you reject; interest stops. If you accept; activity begins.
- Learn everything – Have the new become familiar and comfortable.
- Mentally stimulating – Educational, opening personal thinking beyond your ‘self’.
- Physically stimulating – Readiness to actively create and get involved in your favorite or best hobby.
- Psychologically – Feeling of well being, self esteem, self worthiness, self confidence, pleasure and fun.
- Spiritual – Feeling at one with your favorite hobby; peace, relaxation, and readiness to give or share with others.
- Meeting new people, accepting new challenges, and gaining new knowledge and achievements.
- New personal and business opportunities open.
- Personal gratification and rewards of satisfaction, growth, achievement and pride.
We as humans live with pain or pleasure. Sometimes we travel the middle road until we choose one or the other. Pleasure which gives beauty to ourselves and can be shared with others to make our lives enjoyable is the preferred path.
For example, if my hobby is cooking which I find pleasure in preparing, tasting, and eating; that is wonderful. I have fulfilled my pleasure level, however, I now do the same but I share this wonderful food with others and bring them pleasure and fun. Now we are all happy, healthy, and content.
Do you consider yourself as a hobby person? We are all hobby people. There are thousands of hobbies.
- How do you get started on finding a hobby?
- Make a list of hobbies.
- Research hobby ideas.
- Visit hobbies shops and hobby stores.
- Know your interests – action hobbies, game hobbies, sport hobbies, world hobbies, international hobbies, craft hobbies,and many more.